- Site Rating: 10/10
PokerStars is the largest online poker site. They have the largest online tournaments, huge guaranteed tournaments (including their weekly $1.5 Million guaranteed), and a huge selection of games. Unlike some sites, you will never have a problem finding a game to play at PokerStars. PokerStars also offers one of the best VIP programs where players can earn anything from a trip to the WSOP to a brand new Porsche! The PokerStars.com software is available for Mac Players too and they accept players from almost any country (including the USA). Home to many of the online poker world records, this site is a must try!
- PokerStars Highlights
- Largest Poker Site
- Biggest Poker Tournaments
- Offline Qualifiers
- Voted Best Software
- U.S. Friendly
- Amazing Support
Country: Isle of Man
Pokerstars.com, is the world’s largest and one of the most recognized online poker rooms. Home of the largest poker tournaments both online and offline (with their EPT brand), and many of the biggest names in poker, Pokerstars is truly the benchmark that all poker sites aspire to reach. Learn all about Pokerstars and their software in our detailed review below.
Review of PokerStars.com
The PokerStars software may not look like much on first glance, but it is probably one of the best poker clients available. There are a ton of small features that most players will never notice and if you take full advantage of these features you will really see what the software is all about. You can upload images to use for the background and can change the table size of all the poker games making it great for multi-tabling. You can open many windows and resize them to however you want them if you like to multi-table.
PokerStars Marketing Code: Use code BRB500 for a $50 bonus.
PokerStars Game Variety
Table games offered at PokerStars include:
• Texas Holdem
• Omaha High Low
• Omaha High
• Seven Card Stud High Low
• Seven Card Stud
• Tournaments – Sit n Go’s, Heads-up and Multi-Table Tournaments
PokerStars Traffic Volume
As mentioned previously, PokerStars is the largest online poker site. Player levels average around 110,000 which is around 5x more than most other poker sites and poker networks. You will never have to wait more than a minute to find a game at PokerStars.com and the software is great for players that want to play poker on a mac.
PokerStars Special Tournaments
PokerStars.com is home to the many of the best poker tournaments online. Their Sunday Millions tournament is the largest weekly tournament and guarantees $1 Million dollars every Sunday. They have many other guaranteed tournaments with buy-ins ranging from a few dollars to around over $1000. Further to this PokerStars runs the most qualifiers to live tournaments over any other poker site. You can qualify for things like the WSOP, WPT, EPT, LAPT, APPT, WSOPE and much more all through Pokerstars.com and usually for a few dollars (or sometimes just player points).
PokerStars Competition Level
The competition at PokerStars is quite easy in the cash games but can get a little more difficult in some of the larger tournaments. Since Pokerstars.com does not offer rakeback, it doesn’t attract many of the “poker sharks” that prey on easy players. They do tons of advertising on TV and in magazines, which attract many players that are new to poker (meaning easier to beat ).
PokerStars Customer Service
Customer service at PokerStars is quite impressive considering they do not offer phone support. When you send an email to one of their support mailboxes you will receive a reply within a few hours and the support is very knowledgeable.
PokerStars Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
PokerStars currently offers the following payment options with a minimum deposit of only $10 (unless otherwise stated):
* eChecks – Available in US and Canada
* ClickandBuy – Available to players from any country other than US.
* Moneybookers – available everywhere, except in US, China, Malaysia, Israel, Turkey and Ukraine
* NETeller – (not available for players in the US, Canada and Turkey) Deposit in USD, EUR or GBP
* VISA / VISA Delta / VISA Electron / Gift and Prepaid VISA - Deposit in USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, SEK, NOK, DKK, AUD
* MasterCard / Gift and Prepaid MasterCard – Deposit in USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, SEK, NOK, DKK, AUD
* Diners Club International
* Solo / Maestro – available in UK and Northern Ireland only
* Cashier’s Check / Money Order / Bank Draft – Minimum deposit only $100
* Local Bank Transfer – available in Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, Vatican City and Viet Nam.
* ELV – available in Germany only
* Online Bank Transfer – available in Austria, Germany and Netherlands
* paysafecard – available in Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and UK
* Paypal – Currently Pokerstars does not accept paypal deposits or withdrawals.